Cbd GummiesShow Filters
Showing all 5 results
Showing all 5 results
What are Weed Gummies?
Beloved by many people, gummies are a form of candy made mostly out of sugar, gelatin, and fruit juice; and weed gummies also contain cannabinoids, of course. Nowadays, weed edible gummies contain different combinations of cannabinoids to achieve different states and reach different goals. In addition, gummies are a great form of edibles to make and consume because they are bite-sized and easy to eat.
What are Weed Edibles?
Edibles are any foods you ingest that contain cannabis and its products, including THC, which stands for tetrahydrocannabinol – the principal psychoactive constituent of cannabis, and CBD – cannabidiol – another compound found in cannabis. They may also contain CBN – cannabinol or CBC, which stands for cannabichromene – an anti-inflammatory possibly contributing to the pain-killing.
There are tons of different edibles such as gummies, cookies, brownies, cakes, and loads of other treats that people may consume. Edibles are a great form of ingesting various cannabinoids as it is easy to regulate what to take and how much to consume.
What are the effects of Gummies and Marijuana Edibles?
The effects of gummies, cannabis edibles differ from smoking. It takes approximately one hour (sometimes more) to feel the effects of gummies and edibles as opposed to smoking which takes around 10 minutes. At the same time, the effects of edibles are usually more intense than smoking and last longer.
Although there might not be enough scientific data to support all the benefits that are believed to be connected with the consumption of edibles, it is still possible to talk about some evidence-based studies of cannabis-infused foods.
- Anxiety and relaxation. A study published in 2019 in The Permanent Journal has determined that anxiety scores have decreased within the first months of CBD consumption and remained decreased for 79% of participants. And 66% claimed to have their sleep improved. Another recent paper (of April 2022) has come to the conclusion that cannabis is efficacious across all participants managing insomnia in depression or/and anxiety, with them reporting significant improvements.
- Pain. A study on “Chronic-pain patients’ perspectives of medical cannabis” has concluded that cannabis patients have reported improvement in pain management and sleep. Another paper published in EJP (European Journal of Pain) in 2020 states that there is a decrease in pain intensity as well as a lower depression score.
- Muscle spasm control. It is concluded that cannabis positively affects people with multiple sclerosis or suffering from muscle spasms and spasticity.
- Antiseizure effect. A study in 2018 has come to the conclusion that cannabis-derived cannabinoids have neuroactive properties. At the same time, another one claims to have significant improvement in seizure frequency in a large number of patients making cannabis a perspective medication.
Apart from these effects, cannabis has the potential to treat GDS (Gilles de la Tourette Syndrome) and ASD (autism spectrum disorder).
Edibles, including gummies with weed, come in multiple tastes and with different ingredients addressing various medical conditions and the personal needs of each consumer.
Being tasty and discreet, edibles may still have some adverse side effects, such as:
- Being sold and packaged in a form appealing to children may result in their unconscious consumption leading to some adverse effects. However, emergency room visits resulting from pediatric exposure to cannabis remain relatively low.
- A longer time for edibles to kick in may result in overconsumption and unwanted experience. Edible foods are responsible for the majority of health care visits due to cannabis intoxication.
- Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome – a state of cyclic episodes of nausea and vomiting and frequent hot bathing.
- General adverse effects might include fatigue, dizziness, and nausea.
The adverse effects and the overall perspective highlight the need for standardization in the formulation and quality control throughout the edibles industry.
Overall, before the intake, one might consider what their needs are and/or consult a doctor for a more specific treatment before deciding to buy marijuana edibles. Consuming wisely is important.
How to Use Weed Gummies?
Before eating cannabis gummies, one shall establish which effects they seek and which ingredients and dosage. It is easy nowadays to buy gummies, weed concentration of which is quite specific. It is essential to start with a low dose and wait for the effect to kick in before increasing the amount. As we mentioned before, there is a risk of accidental overuse when users do not wait for the effects to come. Factors such as weight, metabolism, gender, and eating habits also contribute to how soon and for how long someone will feel intoxicated following oral ingestion.
Consuming gummies as any other food is super easy. Just be sure you are in a safe environment without anyone or anything interrupting your experience. How much cannabis you consume can depend on several factors, including your previous experience with edibles, your tolerance, the strength of the cannabis you used, and the desired effect.